Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6 Hours of Fun, aka Jailbreak! aka Smurf 1's birthday

I'm doing better with handling my wife being in the hospital. Yesterday she was able to come home for 6 hours (I called it her temporary release from prison!) because of Smurf 1's birthday, which was fun.  We did a cake at his day care and his sister got to attend it.  Afterwards we went home to relax, out to eat, and then to the store for presents.  It was odd to have my wife home knowing that she could not stay, but I didn't say anything about it.  I could tell she wanted to stay as well but wasn't going to cry in front of the kids. 

Anyway, they had fun eating out and were doing a LOT of talking.  I mean non-stop chatterboxes on everything and anything.  Smurf 1 kept talking about his birthday, asking other people about their birthday (strangers can be so nice to cute children!), when was my birthday, and when he would turn 5.  Apparently he has all sorts of plans when he turns 5, which include:

- Going to kindergarten
- Sending his babies to school (y'know, the 100 babies he has living in the clouds)
- Being able to read
- Riding a train (still not sure why that was there)

Smurf 2 was a little jealous and kept saying that she needed a birthday present and a birthday card.  I showed her what she got when it was her birthday, but she wasn't satisfied.  At first I thought it was a problem with understanding since she's 3, but after listening to her talk and actually restate in her own words what I told her, I knew she understood but didn't like it.  So, like a ninja of the night, she cajoled her way into getting some stickers (not a big deal although I know they'll end up as a decoration on our floors).

While dropping off my wife at the hospital, the Smurfs were playing on the couch in the room.  This couch is one of those that will open up to a bed (very uncomfortable) and was a hideous dark blue color when pulled out;  However, when paired with a rocking recliner with the wheels locked it becomes a perfect setting for a pretend ocean.  They jumped off the chair/dove off the beach on the deep blue bed/ocean.  They then swam around, pretended to spit out water, and rescued each other from sharks, trains (again with the trains!), bugs, pirates, and other things.  It was quite cute and I wish I had taken a video of it.

Things do appear to be getting better, and my wife will speak with the doctor about trying to do these trips twice a week until the delivery.  5 1/2 weeks left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment